- Identification of contaminated as well as safe water sources.
- Mapping of Village specific GIS database.
- Transparent information system among all stakeholders regarding-awareness and health education.
- Providing alternate safe drinking water source.
- Operation and maintenance of constructed treatment plant.
- Selection of safe and economical technologies.
Steps and Intervention taken up:
- Infected hand-pumps have been identified and put into hold for further usages.
- Task force at state level constituted.
- State and Districts laboratories are functional for testing and mapping of water sources.
- Holistic approach has been adopted for mitigation activities in water quality affected areas.
- Traditional water sources like dug wells are being converted into sanitary wells.
- Rain water harvesting system and aquifer recharging systems are being constructed in quality problems areas.
- Surface water based scheme planned.
- Safest aquifers explored for Piped water supply.
Mitigation Measures in Arsenic/Fluoride/Iron affected Districts:
Software Mitigation activities
- An awareness campaign has been organized in arsenic, fluoride and iron affected districts with the following targets.
- Community in affected areas aware that arsenic and fluoride may be found in handpump water, and can cause serious illness.
- Community in affected areas understand the meaning of a red and blue handpump spout.
IEC tools developed for informing community volunteers, Frontline functionaries both belonging to Govt and NGO stream are the following: Hand outs, FAQs on Myths & realities, posters on Signs & symptoms for general awareness, Wall paintings and relevant training materials for the field staff.